LASIK is an excimer laser procedure VISX S4 IR, the highest technology that improves vision and can eliminate the use of glasses or contact lenses.
The refractive LASIK surgery corrects eye defects such as myopia, astigmatism, farsightedness and some cases of presbyopia.
surgery does not require hospitalization, patients can go home the same day after the procedure. post-operative care
Most patients have great improvement in vision in the first days after surgery. However, immediately after the procedure, vision may be blurred.
The doctor will prescribe, antibiotic, anti-inflammatory and lubricating eyes drops, the same can be bought at the pharmacy: however the clinic offers a special kit of medications, and in addition to the eye drops, includes the night guards and sunglasses.
suggestions for your speed recovery:
- You must not scratch the eyes.
- Do not put any kind of pressure in your eyes.
- Do not bath on the beach, rivers or swimming pools for a month.
- Stay away from heavy pollutes areas and people who smokes
- Your eyes hygiene is very important.
- Use medications as prescribe.
- You must wear your sunglasses every time you go out, at least for 15 days.
- You must wear the night guards when you go to sleep, at least for 15 days.
- You can do exercises as long as you do no expose to some eye shot.
The accuracy and safety of LASIK technique makes it the surgical procedure of choice for most refractive errors.